This 5 Layer Brownie Cookie Cheesecake Recipe will make you feel like you’re in church. By themselves, brownies are delicious, but when combined with the other ingredients, they become heavenly. It’s delicious layers of chocolate chip cookies, brownie mix, creamy filling, and whipped cream.
5-Layer Brownie Cookie Cheesecake Recipe
A great recipe and refreshing treat for a hot summer day, this 5-Layer Brownie Cookie Cheesecake is a new favorite dessert. The fudgy brownie layer is so good. The layers combine to make the perfect cream cheese mixture, that everyone absolutely loves!
In spite of my best efforts, I was never able to find a cheesecake recipe that met my standards. Every time I made cheesecake batter, I wanted them to be as fudgy, moist, and chocolaty as my childhood favorites.
I wanted them topped with a creamy filling and extra toppings. With this particular recipe I love the chocolate flavor.
Before dinner, my mom would remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator so it would be room temperature when we ate dessert. I loved adding berries to the top.
As for my brother, he liked to put sour cream on his, and I’m not a fan of that. However, to each their own right? My Grandpa would add a little brown sugar.
Delicious layers of chocolate chip cookies, brownie mix, creamy filling, and whipped cream.
Here are my cooking preferences, including oven temperature and baking time, as well as why this is a family favorite.
The ingredients for the brownie cheesecake recipe are so simple! Keep in mind that you can use just about any type of brownie batter. I chose to use Dunkin Hines. You will need to follow the package instructions when preparing the brownie batter.
- 16 ounces of chocolate chip cookie dough (Store bought)
- 2 18-ounce boxed of brownie mix (Use box directions)
- 24 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Whip Cream
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Berries: Fresh berries can be used in this recipe in any combination. You can use whatever is in season where you live. You can stick with just strawberries or use fresh blackberries in place of some of the blueberries.
Oreo Cookies: It is also possible to add Oreo cookies if desired. Our penguin oreo cookies are perfect for anyone who loves oreo cookies.
How to Make Brownie Cookie Cheesecake
- The oven should be set at 350°F.
- In order to make the cake, I lined a 10-inch springform pan with 2 long pieces of plastic wrap. You will want the plastic wrap long enough to hang over the sides. You will then cover the dough with plastic wrap and freeze it once it has been pressed down in an even layer.
- Next, grease the bottom of the pan.
- Next, prepare the brownie mix according to the package directions.
- Spray a 5 inch pan with cooking spray, then press the brownie mix into the greasing cake pan until the batter reaches halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, then let cool for 5 minutes.
- The oven temperature should be reduced to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using an electric mixer, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl until the batter is smooth and no lumps are present.
- The brownie should be rotated and pushed upwards using oven mitts or pads while still warm to form an even ring around the springform pan. Make sure to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the cheesecake mixture on top and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the center is slightly jiggling, but the cheesecake is set. After cooling, place the cake in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Put a dollop of whipped cream on top of the cheesecake layer and add some strawberries, then cut into slices and serve!
HOW TO STORE 5 LAYER BROWNIE COOKIE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
This Brownie Cookie Cheesecake is best served chilled. The cake can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to three days.
I like the creamy cheesecake layer, the cookie dough layer, and the semi-sweet chocolate chips. In addition, the cooked brownie in the baking pan the first time was the best part of these cream cheese brownies.
In the future, I will use a sharp knife and try to cut smaller pieces so I can save some for next time. It is also possible to use white chocolate chips, broken up brownie crust, or pie crust, and the rest of the ingredients with just a layer of cookies on top. Great things to pair with this cake is this Stawberry Shortcake or this one.
I like adding in a crunch and I am thinking that may help just a little. My dad always says, “Nothing ventured, nothing gained.”